Pro Bono OR Case Study- Care4All Performance Management Dashboard
Care4All are an established charity who provide social care support and services for hundreds of vulnerable people in North East Lincolnshire and the surrounding area. The charity provides a diverse range of services and support whilst focusing on creating employment opportunities for people with disabilities. With 90 paid staff and 8 volunteers, the charity is constantly seeking to raise it's profile since it was established in 2007.
Charitable objects include:
-the relief of those in need, by reason of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantages.
-the relief of unemployment for the benefit of the public in such ways as may be though fit, including assistance to find employment.
Care4All had been through a period of significant change and need to make sense of the performance data the collect. there are a few key questions whic needed to be considered for this project:
- - What questions do the Care4all management board want to answer or metrics do they need to monitor on organisational performance?
- - Does the data currently collected allow these questions to be answered? If not, what data needs to be collected to answer relevant questions?
- - Does data need to be structured or collected differently?
- - How can data be routinely analysed?
- - How can the analysis be presented in a meaningful and powerful way?
After an initial meeting with the Chief Executive, the Pro Bono volunteer sought to support the charity by presenting meaningful organisational performance management information. After creating a performance management process the organisation had scope to present management reports using infographics.
Another successful project, with big thanks to our volunteer.