Care4All are an established charity who provide social care support and services for hundreds of vulnerable people in North East Lincolnshire and the surrounding area. The charity provides a diverse range of services and support whilst focusing on creating employment opportunities for people with disabilities. With 90 paid staff and 8 volunteers, the charity is constantly seeking to raise it's profile since it was established in 2007.
Charitable objects include:
-the relief of those in need, by reason of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantages.
-the relief of unemployment for the benefit of the public in such ways as may be though fit, including assistance to find employment.
Care4All had been through a period of significant change and need to make sense of the performance data the collect. there are a few key questions whic needed to be considered for this project:
- - What questions do the Care4all management board want to answer or metrics do they need to monitor on organisational performance?
- - Does the data currently collected allow these questions to be answered? If not, what data needs to be collected to answer relevant questions?
- - Does data need to be structured or collected differently?
- - How can data be routinely analysed?
- - How can the analysis be presented in a meaningful and powerful way?
After an initial meeting with the Chief Executive, the Pro Bono volunteer sought to support the charity by presenting meaningful organisational performance management information. After creating a performance management process the organisation had scope to present management reports using infographics.
Another successful project, with big thanks to our volunteer.