Greenpower Education Trust
A volunteer is required to assess the requirements and benefits of integrating Greenpower’s accounting, website and CRM systems to support and accelerate anticipated future growth.
Greenpower currently operate a Sage 50 accounting system, a Drupal website/shop system and will soon be implementing a CRM system (most likely to be Salesforce).
We require expert advice to help define our requirements for IT systems integration to present to potential providers, and an assessment of the benefits integration will provide as part of the business case for investment in this activity. This will help to ensure we make the right decisions to meet our short and long term goals.
We are looking for a volunteer to
- gain an understanding of our business processes and how they tie in with our software systems
- produce a requirements document that can be presented to potential providers
· provide an assessment of the benefits of systems integration to our business processes
Time commitment: 2-4 days
Location: West Sussex, BN18 0SD
Please read projectscope and if you feel you are able to offer your assistance please complete the application form and return along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 31st October.
Information about the organisation:
Greenpower Education Trust is an educational charity supplying electric kit cars to schools and colleges throughout the UK and internationally. Children 9-18 years work together to build the cars and then race them at events run by Greenpower.
Greenpower’s mission intends to
· Change current views about engineering, presenting it as a fascinating, relevant and dynamic career choice for any young person.
· Demonstrate the importance of engineering, and associated STEM subjects, to solve the problems faced by societies today particularly in the areas of sustainability.
· Link education, industry and community through inspirational engineering projects.
An investigation revealed low levels of interest in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) amongst young people, within schools and within communities generally. After an initial event to promote engineering run by Greenpower and Sussex Enterprise, publicity in the Daily Telegraph brought in requests from around the UK from teachers who wanted a similar project in their region. This resulted in the Greenpower Education Trust creating a number of practical, educational engineering challenges that fulfil our mission and encompass all of our values.
Main activities of the organisation:
Greenpower Education Trust supports over 600 teams participating in multiple events across the country. We are looking to expand in the UK and to provide ongoing support to an increasing number of international licensees following our successful model.
We are a small team and so efficient, fit for purpose business processes and IT systems are vital to our day-to-day management and expected future growth.
For further information about Greenpower Education Trust please visit http://www.greenpower.co.uk/For further information about the Pro Bono scheme please visit: http://www.theorsociety.com/Probono