Mapping clients and volunteers in order to develop a strategy for volunteer recruitment.
Home-Start Kirklees is a volunteer led family support charity helping families with young children. They want to develop a strategy for recruiting volunteers. They wish to examine the location and specific demographics (such as language and cultural needs) of clients with the aim of recruiting volunteers to match.
It is anticipated that the volunteer (or volunteers) will:
· Have a start-up meeting with the Senior Management team to discuss project requirements and data availability;
· Specify data requirements and obtain anonymised data;
· Analyse the information held by Home-Start Kirklees on the families they support, and the volunteers they currently have;
· Examine possible free-to-use mapping tools and select an appropriate tool;
· Map the information on clients and current volunteers;
· Possibly compare the information from Home-Start with the demographics of Kirklees;
· Produce a report summarising findings which can be used in development of a recruitment strategy;
· If feasible, provide Home-Start Kirklees with a mapping tool containing up-to-date information on current clients and volunteers together with a user-guide on how to update this.
This project would suit one or a team of junior analysts wanting to develop their wider OR skills.
Location: Although the project is based in Kirklees and an initial face-to-face meeting would be preferable, all work could be carried out remotely.
Commitment: 5 days worth of work over a few months.