Tuesday 12 November 2013

Pro Bono O.R. Update

I have now been in post for almost 2 months so I thought it would be good to give you an update on how things are going.  I am pleased to say, so far the project it thriving.  We already have one project under way with the RSPCA, another one about to commence with Harrogate & Ripon Centres for Voluntary Service and several other enquiries at various stages.

A big thank you to all the volunteers who have signed up to the volunteer’s database.  We currently have 60 volunteers across the UK who are currently available to work on projects.  This puts us in a great position to offer Pro Bono O.R. across the UK.

The biggest challenge now is continuing to increase the awareness of O.R. to the Third Sector and promoting the Pro Bono O.R. project.

Since getting started I have discovered the power of social media.  Having never tweeted, blogged or been on LinkedIn I wasn't aware what a useful tool social media in the work place was.  As I started my journey of discovery I realised the potential that social media could tap in to.  I have already has 6 potential enquiries from LinkedIn, have been retweeted and followed by various organisations and have had a blog published on Reach’s website (skilled volunteering charity).  I have become a big fan and would recommend it as a great networking/promotional tool.

If you are interested in receiving pro bono support, becoming a volunteer or just want to find out more information, please write to felicity.mcleister@theorsociety.com quoting ‘OR in the Third Sector’.
Twitter: @FMcLeister
LinkedIn:   Felicity McLeister

You may also be interested in our Third Sector Special Interest Group (ORiTS) http://www.theorsociety.com/Pages/SpecialInterest/ORThirdSector.aspx


Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing from you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pro Bono OR moving elsewhere

Pro Bono OR projects can now be found here:  https://www.theorsociety.com/get-involved/pro-bono-or/open-pro-bono-projects/ This blog will no...