The OR Society
The volunteer is required to suggest a risk model of membership renewal. Using data from the existing membership database, the results of previous studies and discussions with staff and members, the main factors of risk may be identified. The output of the study could include:
- - A list of likely risk factors, and the different personas subject to these risks
- - Suggestions for extra data to be included on the membership database
- - Suggestions on how each risk can be mitigated
- - Some quantification of the size of the risk due to the various factors
- - Possibly a flow model that could be used to investigate the most effective way of reducing drop-out
- - Recommendations for a contact strategy to improve renewal. This should account for different risk groups, their preferences and likely success rates, costs and feasibility.
Time commitment: approx. 10-14 days
Location: London or Birmingham for 2-3 initial meetings, followed by working remotely.
Please read projectscope and if you feel you are able to offer your assistance please complete the application form and return along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 7th August.
Information about the organisation:
The charitable purposes of the OR Society include the advancement of knowledge and interest in OR, as well as the advancement of education in OR.
Main activities of the organisation:
ORS activities include (but not limited to): conferences and events, training courses, journals, publications and website, pro bono OR, OR in Schools, membership activity. The OR Society aims to have a vibrant and active membership drawn from diverse areas; and be well-run, provide excellent services and be adequately and sustainably resourced.
For further information about the scheme please visit: http://www.theorsociety.com/Probono